Thursday 9 April 2015

Life - A Journey or an Adventure?

Having been properly sick, well properly for me, these past 2 weeks, and having been in hospital, only for the doctors to admit that I have got a viral infection, apparently without a name, and that I need to take it slow or else I will damage my heart, has really put me towards thinking about my motto in life.

It's a hard punch in the face when you think that you live a healthy life, with exercise, good food, good skincare and the adequate amount of self-improvement only to find that none of that matters when life decide to make your journey an adventure.

The road to recovery certainly has been alarmingly slow, and I can see it on my daughters' faces when they come home from school wanting to share their day, and I'm not quite up for all that energy. The disappointment that sprouts on those little faces is heartbreaking, and it certainly makes me wish that I could just get this on the mend thing done now! But I guess, if it wasn't for my healthy lifestyle, I might still have been in hospital, and the road to recovery would have been even longer.

A healthy lifestyle has always been my goal, to exercise at least 3 time a week, to make vegetables part of at least 1 meal a day, to have the fruits in the house, free access to that rather than to sweets, to do the fish rather than the red meat, to play outside with the kids instead of ending up in front of the Television for hours without end, and mentioned last, not because it's in any way the least of it, but to read. To have my both my daughters learn, understand and have a love for reading.

I began my website for everybody out there that has the same intense need or want for a healthy life as I. That place where I could just let loose, and talk about products that I love and my experiences, to find the like-minded people out there who shares my love for life.



No comments:

Post a Comment